Tomahawk recognizes the importance of our customers’ privacy. We believe that privacy is more than an issue of compliance – it is one of trust. We strive to manage your personal information based on our basic belief of respect for the individual. This Policy describes:
- How and why we collect your personal information.
- How your information is used and protected.
- When and with whom we share your information.
- The choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information.
Notice and Scope of Our Privacy Practices
Our goal is to provide clear, prominent, and easily accessible information about our privacy practices. This Policy applies to customer information we collect in the United States at Tomahawk’s storefront and through our website.
Our Pledge of Accountability
Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. We strive to limit the amount of personal information collected to support the intended purpose of the collection.
Information You Give Us
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with Tomahawk, both in stores and through our website. Some examples are when you:
- Create an account on our website;
- Make an online or in-store purchase from us;
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information;
- Request customer service or contact us;
- Submit a Tomahawk related story, testimonial, rating or review, or other user-generated content that may be posted on the site;
- Otherwise submit personal information to us along with any related content of the communication.
Personal information is information that identifies you or is reasonably linked to you. The personal information we collect may include contact and payment information like your name, email and physical addresses, phone numbers, and credit and debit card information. When you ask us to ship an order, we may collect information you provide us such as the name, address, and phone number of recipients. For certain transactions, we may be required to collect information to comply with legal requirements.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive personal information about you from other sources as well. Examples of these sources are entities that can help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and help prevent or detect fraud. In addition, we may collect information from consumer reporting agencies or other service providers if you obtain certain financial products.
Automated Information Collection
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with our website and emails. Our purpose is to allow the websites to work correctly, to evaluate use of the website, and to support website analytics and marketing campaigns. Some examples include:
- We may collect technical information such as your internet protocol address, your device operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our websites.
- We use “cookies” to recognize you as you use or return to our sites. This is done so that we can provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that a website or email may save to your browser and store on your hard drive.
- We may also use web beacons. Beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website and other sites were effective.
We operate cameras in stores for security and operational purposes. Except for security purposes, we do not use these cameras to identify you personally.
How We Use Your Information
Tomahawk uses your information to offer and provide our products and services and to support our core business functions. These include order or service fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions. Some examples include:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
- To register and service your account;
- To provide customer service and alert you to product information, including recalls;
- To help us improve and customize our service offerings, website, and advertising;
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business.
To accomplish these purposes, we may combine personal and non-personal information we collect th with offline information, including information from third parties. We may transfer or disclose your information within our corporate family for these purposes.
How We Disclose Your Information Outside Tomahawk
Tomahawk does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We only disclose your personal information with your prior consent or under the following limited circumstances.
We may disclose or otherwise make available personal information about you to service providers that help with our business operations. Examples are shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, and companies that help us improve our product and service offerings and our websites. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States. We require our service providers to keep your information secure. In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may disclose your information in other special circumstances. These include situations when the sharing is necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Tomahawk, our customers, our associates, or any other person, or where otherwise required by law. Examples include protecting the health or safety of customers, or addressing crimes committed on Tomahawk property. Data from in-store security cameras may also be provided to law enforcement upon written request. Tomahawk may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Data Collection, Use, or Disclosure
Tomahawk collects, uses, or discloses your personal information consistent with this policy. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate for the type of personal information being collected, used, or disclosed. For example, we will obtain your express consent (verbal, written, or electronic agreement) to collect, use, or disclose personal information in accordance with law.
We want to communicate with you in ways you want to hear from us. Examples are newsletters, special offers, and new product announcements. We use the following standards for marketing communications:
- We use an opt-out standard for email or for other communications like mail. Opt-out means we consider your consent is implied, but will stop the activity on your request.
You may contact Tomahawk directly by email or by phone as listed in the Contact Us page.
If you contact us by email or mail, please be sure to include your full name, the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive, and your related contact information. For instance, if you would like to opt-out of mail, include your mailing address. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. It may take up to 10 days to process your requests related to email.
Please be aware that, even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, product information, service or reminder notices, or recalls. We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your order, such as regarding order status, shipment, or refunds.
Online Operations and Advertising
You may exercise choices related to our online operations and advertising. For instance, you can choose to browse our website without accepting cookies Please know that cookies allow us to recognize you from page to page, and they support your transactions with us. Without cookies enabled, you will still be able to browse our websites, but will not be able to complete a purchase or take advantage of certain website features.
How to Access and Update Your Information
Tomahawk takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. You can access or update your personal information, including contact or account information, in the following ways:
- If you have created an account on our website, log into your account. Once you do, you will be able to enter and update your own contact information and payment information, as well as contact information for recipients you have designated.
- Contact us at the email or postal address listed in the “Contact Us” section on our website. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing, and your requested changes. We will provide you the personal information requested if reasonably available, unless it infringes on the privacy of other individuals and subject to reasonable limitations provided by law and internal procedures. Otherwise we will describe the types of information we typically collect. We will provide access and make changes you request, or will provide an explanation of what actions we will be able to take with regard to the request.
- If you need help accessing your information related to a service provided by a third party, we will assist you by referring you to the third party. Please contact us via the “Contact Us” section.
How We Secure Your Information
Securing your information is a company priority. Whether you are shopping on our website or in our store, we use reasonable security measures to help protect the confidentiality of personal information.
Your account information is protected by the password you use to access your online account. Please keep this password confidential. We also use a technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). If your browser is capable of SSL (and most are), your account information will be protected during transport across the Internet. You can see a representation of this when you enter a secure portion of our online website, which is any page containing any of your account information, where an image of a closed lock or a solid key should appear in the bottom bar of your browser window. If you click on this image, a small pop-up window displaying website security information will appear. This display indicates that your personal information is transmitted in encrypted form to a Tomahawk web server, not to some unknown or unauthorized server.
Hard Copy and Electronic Storage Protections
Personal information that is maintained in our office or store is subject to physical, administrative, and technical controls as well. Hard copies of sensitive personal information are maintained in locked locations or cabinets with similar restrictions for electronic storage. When disposed of, the information is shredded, destroyed, erased, or otherwise sought to be made unreadable.
Privacy Protections for Specific Types of Information
Financial Products and Services
We protect payment card information we collect during transactions. We comply with industry standards that require safeguards for handling and securing customer information. These include using secure networks; encryption or other protection of cardholder data; physical and technical access controls; monitors and tests of security systems; and information security policies.
Email Tomahawk for store experience, marketing preferences and general feedback/questions.
Please feel free to contact Tomahawk with any questions or comments about this Policy or about how your information is handled. You can also contact us via the addresses below:
12255 Kirkham Rd., Ste 100
Poway, Ca 92064
Your California Privacy Rights
- We share information with others outside of Tomahawk only if we have your express consent (opt-in).
Last Updated: October 4, 2012